Sunday, January 23, 2011

Setter on ice

Ah, what a lovely Sunday morning! Early morning walk round the block followed by cheese bun at Gateaux, and then when the sun was making patterns on the floor, we went for a walk on the ice.

Grandma came along, so I was on my best behavior (she cannot run as fast as I and i made a point of returning to her regularly to make sure she's all right).

Ah, but how I ran! Across the ice, making the snow veer around me, and on the sound of the whistle I was slipping and sliding before I came to a halt. A piece of sausage came my way - "Off you go!" and then the two familiar sounds calling me back, more slipping and sliding, another piece of sausage. This is fun, one of my favorite games. At first we were alone on the ice, but then more and more people, most of them with dogs, appeared, and I had a chat with my hero Nelson and with Nova, and a lovely cafe latte colored saluki bitch - she loves to run just like I do, and is a new resident here, what happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment