Wednesday, January 19, 2011

His Majesty Mingus

foto: Jonas MÃ¥rtensson
I visited Jonas the other day for a photo shoot, and my human called me "His Majesty Mingus" when she saw this shot. Must say I do look kind of aloof and grown-up here, don't I.

After a few days of melting snow and dripping roofs, winter has returned with a vengeance - it's cold with every surface slippery, but the sky is blue and the sun back. And our blackbird is singing, clinging to his intimations of spring.

How did the poet put it? Oh wind, if winter comes, can spring be far behind?

My credo exactly.

2 comments:

  1. I need to brush up my English, so reading your blog Mingus is a very good training for me.
    Ulrika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ulrika, you read my blog - I'm honored. You're one of my favorite people for feeding me all this lovely food at your place. My human believes firmly in dog food, and is surprised I'm so skinny. Ha! I'm in a good mind of putting her on dog food, she certainly needs to lose a couple of pounds!

    ReplyDelete